I hear by pledge to live up to the privilege and honor of being selected as a Arcadia Little League coach by following the Coaches Code of Ethics:
- I will place the emotional and physical well-being of my players ahead of a personal desire to win.
- I will treat each player as an individual, remembering the large range of emotional and physical development for the same age group.
- I will do my best to provide a safe playing situation for my players.
- I promise to take time to organize practices that are fun and challenging for all my players.
- I will lead by example in demonstrating fair play and sportsmanship to all my players.
- I will make the effort to learn the rules of Little League Baseball and teach them to my players.
- I will educate myself on the latest coaching techniques appropriate to the age group I coach and present them to my players in a positive manner.
- I will demand that my players never criticize their own teammates or intentionally embarrass or humiliate players of the opposing team.
- I will provide a sports environment for my players that emphasizes teamwork over individual recognition.
- I will maintain a team atmosphere that is free of drugs, tobacco, and alcohol and will refrain from their use at all youth-included Little League events.
- I will remember that I am a youth sports coach and that the game is for the children, not adults.
I also agree that if I fail to abide by the aforementioned rules and guidelines, I will be subject to disciplinary action levied by the ARLL Board of Directors or Code of Conduct Committee that could include but is not limited to the following:
· Verbal warning
· Written warning
· Player suspension for games
· Player suspension for season including postseason (All Stars)
· Player being expelled from the league
The Arcadia Little League Board of Directors retains the sole authority to determine what, if any, disciplinary action is appropriate for any conduct infraction.